In an optical injector such as Spotlight, the most important thing is the lens. The lens used here is a three-lens achromat with a focal length of 150 mm, which allows for very sharp edges of light and shadow. This is extremely important if you want to get full control over the lighting on set. In addition, the lens is designed to minimize chromatic aberration, which can cause color tinting. The minimum focusing distance is 100 cm (from the light source), making the Spotlight ideal not only for portrait and fashion photography, but also for product photography (especially of small objects). You can replace the lens with another one of your choice, as the body of the Spotlight is equipped with a Canon EF type bayonet.
An integral part of the Spotlight's body is a set of four shutter valves which can be used to adjust the light output of the lens to precisely illuminate only certain parts of your subject. The valves can also be used after replacing the standard lens with another one.
Spotlight is equipped with a fixture for effect masks (so-called gobos), which allow you to imitate, for example, the light coming through the window blinds or display various patterns and shapes. The injector is supplied with a set of eight masks, which can be used simultaneously with the valves and colored filters.
The Spotlight comes with a set of five basic color filters and a specially designed filter holder that allows you to attach them to the front of the lens. This makes it easy to use the filters with snap-ins and effect masks.
The focuser is factory equipped with a Bowens type bayonet but it is possible to replace it. GlareOne offers matching Profoto, Broncolor and Elinchrom 152 series bayonets.
- 150 mm achromat type lens with a minimum focusing distance of 100 cm
- Minimal chromatic aberration and high sharpness
- Equipped with four shutter valves allowing to precisely shape the light stream
- Comes with eight effect masks and fixtures
- Supplied with five color filters and a bracket
- Ejector body has a bayonet mount for Canon EF lenses
- Factory fitted with Bowens type mount which can be exchanged for Profoto, Broncolor or Elinchrom flash mounts (bayonets available separately)
- Designed for use with flash units (up to 600Ws) and LED continuous light units (up to 150W)*
GlareOne Spotlight 150 mm Kit
Optical Spotlight with interchangeable lens
Lens focal length (mm)
Light beam angle (°)
Minimum focus distance (cm)
GlareOne bayonet 152 - Profoto
GlareOne bayonet 152 - Elinchrom
GlareOne bayonet 152 - Broncolor
Maximum lamp power
Flash - 600 Ws
LED - 150 W
Maximum operating temperature (°C)
Filter diameter (mm)
Diameter of gobos (mm)
The parameters given in the table above are approximate. Actual dimensions of the product may slightly differ.
* Due to its closed construction, it is not recommended to use Spotlight with flashes of more than 600 Ws and LED lamps of more than 150 W maximum power. Lamps with higher wattages can generate too much heat, which will accumulate, which can lead to damage to the lamp or the Spotlight. Spotlight cannot be used with halogen lamps and flash tubes equipped with halogen pilot lights.